You can also buy a Cajun Injector, which is just a big syringe you can
inject the chicken (or turkey if you are frying it) with a variety of
sauces you can either buy or make yourself.  This keeps it really moist
and very flavorful.  Or you can just poke a few holes in the skin and
push in some seasonings, garlic, lemon or lime bits, sauce, onion bits,
dressings of some kind, or some combination of all of the above,
whatever, between skin and meat.  That keeps it moist too, and flavors
up the meat.  As suggested, no sugary sauce until the end, although a
vinegar-based sauce is fine (with a bit of olive oil to keep it moister)
as long as it does not have a lot of goopy stuff.  I put some vinegar,
cut-up onion, pepper, seasonings of various kinds, mustard, a small bit
of ketchup (has sugar), hot sauce, beer, whiskey (my uncle used to put
some KY bourbon in his sauce, a wonderful flavor) whatever you like in a
blender and pulverize that for a good marinade/sauce.  Then at the end
add some ketchup and molasses to that sauce to baste with, finsih to get
crispy.

YUM!!!!

I have that same grill!

--R