I would like to have those two modules go away, as they are maintenance
pain with no real benefits.

The build module has been superseded by the ureg module, and apparently
all third-party code has already migrated or is in the process of
porting to new interface. I would like to nuke it if nobody minds.

For sse2, I am looking at simplifying it enough to be able to accelerate
pass-thru fragment shaders and simple vertex shaders. That's it. For
more sophisticated stuff we already have llvmpipe.

If nobody objects, I am going to start the rework next week.

Thanks.