I've been targeting an audience of people that have taken some CS,
read some Wikipedia, but aren't experienced with 3D graphics. I'd kind
of like it if people would go read a Red Book, even the out-of-date
one available free online, before diving in... If you don't know C,
then the docs won't teach you C. Ditto for GL, D3D, and the other
basics.

2010/1/25 Brian Paul <bri...@vmware.com>:
> Uros,
>
> Next time, please start a new discussion with a new subject instead of
> hijacking an unrelated thread.  Thanks.
>
> Anyway, we're writing more detailed gallium docs under
> src/gallium/docs/  Have you seen those?
>
> Also bear in mind that we're probably not going to write docs
> specifically targetting newbies.  A certain level of expertise in
> computer graphics is a prerequisite.  If you have specific questions
> you can post them to the list but remember that we're all very busy
> and usually have to pick and choose which threads we respond to.
>
> -Brian
>

> Uros Nedic wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> It would be very important that your small Gallium community
>> could be larger if you develop some Documentation. So far,
>> newbies in this area hardly could enter into your project
>> even if we want to do it on a voluntary basis.
>>
>> I really want to contribute but please provide us at least
>> more than just high-level overview of Gallium architecture.
>>
>> For example I would like to know what is your "abstract"
>> GPU architecture (draw it please). Also I'm interested about
>> pipes and all those stuffs (provide us examples, please).
>> I know what is LLVM but I also need some example how you
>> use that technology for optimization (examples again).
>>
>> If you provide us (community) some nice Documentation, you
>> will be surprised how many people will start to contribute.
>>
>> So far learning curve is just so high - sometimes impossible
>> to understand some stuffs.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Uros

>> "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear,
>>   all-purpose computer system which can be
>>   mass-produced by unskilled labor."
>> -NASA in 1965
>>

>>  > Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:02:53 +0100
>>  > From: mic...@vmware.com
>>  > To: bri...@vmware.com
>>  > CC: mesa3d-dev@lists.sourceforge.net
>>  > Subject: Re: [Mesa3d-dev] TGSI build and sse2 removal
>>  >
>>  > Brian Paul wrote on 2010-01-25 16:09:
>>  > > José Fonseca wrote:
>>  > >
>>  > >> Michal,
>>  > >>
>>  > >> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 06:27 -0800, michal wrote:
>>  > >>
>>  > >>> I would like to have those two modules go away, as they are
>> maintenance
>>  > >>> pain with no real benefits.
>>  > >>>
>>  > >>> The build module has been superseded by the ureg module, and
>> apparently
>>  > >>> all third-party code has already migrated or is in the process of
>>  > >>> porting to new interface. I would like to nuke it if nobody minds.
>>  > >>>
>>  > >> I'm fine with this.
>>  > >>
>>  > >
>>  > > We can't remove this until we switch to ureg in the draw code. The
> [...]

Only fools are easily impressed by what is only
barely beyond their reach. ~ Unknown

Corbin Simpson
<mostawesomed...@gmail.com>