Hi!

[ CCing Daniel Borca who used to work on 3dfx support in Mesa and
  libglide, not sure though if he is around or interested anymore. ]

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 17:25:02 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:
> 3. I'm tempted to remove some old Mesa drivers such as glide, tdfx,
> allegro, ggi, dri/mga, dri/mach64.  Maybe more.  Any objections?

Could the drivers for actual hardware (namely glide, tdfx, dri/mga
and dri/mach64) be exempted from removal? I at least still have cards
for those, not sure though how many users might be out there, but
whenever libglide has broken in Debian, I tend to receive bug reports,
so I'd assume there's still some. And it always saddens me a bit when
hardware support gets dropped in projects.

Out of curiousity, are those burdersome to deal with, or hindering
further imrpovements or development in other areas? Anything major
that needs to be done to them? I can perfectly understand the desire
to remove legacy stuff that might block or take much of your time,
keeping them would still be appreciated. I also fear I have my hands
full already with lots of stuff, so cannot offer much of help, at
least right now. Though, I should finally cleanup and commit upstream
some of the libglide patches I have in Debian.

thanks,
guillem