Hello @bulwahn,

[quote="bulwahn, post:5, topic:2835"]
Did you already have a look at the content of this pull request
https://github.com/bmwcarit/meta-ros/pull/538? Is it done identical?
[/quote]

First time looking at it. Wish this would've been available back in May when we
started with it :( .
>From quick code to the commits, i can see that the PR you refer to is from
>August. [Our
>commits](https://github.com/erlerobot/meta-ros2/commits/master?after=71cbc1c71c13e427097514b603802a8c7aa2cb5a+104)
> started however in May. I asked @abilbaotm to review the code and here's the
>feedback provided:

> Main differences are:
> * The ament.bbclass
> https://github.com/rojkov/meta-ros/blob/433b6457bbac9a512097f4d9e55843ff16bb0f22/classes/ament.bbclass:
>  Our ament.bbclass depends on the system's ament which calls to cmake (I was
> expecting to change that) and the @rojkov's depends directly on cmake and
> meta-ros classes.
> * The rest seems rather similar.

[quote="bulwahn, post:5, topic:2835"]
Or can we merge those two developments to a best solution of those two in your
repository?
[/quote]
I wouldn't say they are identical though but we're happy to explore this in
more detail. We'll create another branch at
https://github.com/erlerobot/meta-ros2 exploring the differences. Evaluate both
and push the one that gives best results to our master branch. @bulwahn I'm
happy giving you maintainer rights to
[meta-ros2](https://github.com/erlerobot/meta-ros2).

License-wise:

[quote="esteve, post:4, topic:2835"]
I wondered if there was an actual reason for picking GPLv3.
[/quote]

>From my (humble) experience with licensing, private companies, for obvious
>reasons, tend to contribute back more when code is licensed under GPLv3.
>(Speaking as part of a private company) I'd expect meta-ros2 to be rather
>popular for quite a few private companies so the license was placed with that
>in mind.
That said, again, happy reconsidering the license if it creates a hurdle.

---
[Visit
Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-layer-for-openembedded-linux/2835/6)
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, [click
here](https://discourse.ros.org/email/unsubscribe/33d1a10600247635f2e7ded0d0729bea42e8bbc86c464ac6d6bbac75e296c8a4).
  • ... 'Víctor Mayoral Vilches' via Mailing List of ROS Layer for OpenEmbedded Linux
    • ... 'Esteve' via Mailing List of ROS Layer for OpenEmbedded Linux
    • ... 'Víctor Mayoral Vilches' via Mailing List of ROS Layer for OpenEmbedded Linux
    • ... 'Esteve' via Mailing List of ROS Layer for OpenEmbedded Linux
    • ... 'Lukas Bulwahn' via Mailing List of ROS Layer for OpenEmbedded Linux
    • ... 'Víctor Mayoral Vilches' via Mailing List of ROS Layer for OpenEmbedded Linux