On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Khem Raj <[email protected]> wrote:
> > use linux-libc-headers from 2.6.37 as well and not the 3.8 or whatever is > default on OE-Core branch that you are using. > OK, I'm in a little new territory here. I've been attempting to add machine support to my oe_core + meta-ti master checkout. I've setup the machine conf for c6a816x-evm and all the associated files using denzil as a base. I modified the 2.6.37 recipe to use my custom boards kernel instead of the one from git (set SRC_URI to my .tar.bz2). I stubbed out u-boot for now as it was giving me problems. First question. I looked at my poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers dir of a denzil checkout that last had c6a816x-evm support to use as kind of an example/guide. I see recipes for linux-libc-headers_3.2.bb and linux-libc-headers_3.0.8.bb. Do I need to create a recipe for 2.6.37 and set the SRC_URI for a 2.6.37 commit so that my rootfs packages will be built against headers that match the version of the kernel I'm using? It looked like linux-libc-headers.inc has some kind of check to decide on which headers to use (3 or 2.6) but I don't quite follow how it works yet. Second question. When I try to bitbake core-image-minimal after adding in my kernel (a tar.bz2), it builds but the do_package phase gets errors: Build Configuration: BB_VERSION = "1.19.1" BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux" NATIVELSBSTRING = "Debian-7.1" TARGET_SYS = "arm-oe-linux-gnueabi" MACHINE = "c6a816x-evm" DISTRO_VERSION = "oe-core.0" TUNE_FEATURES = "armv7a vfp neon" TARGET_FPU = "vfp-neon" meta = "master:b8952942aed77473d3b44a17112cbf6a9e83eff3" meta-ti = "master:ed417f659a24499301eb8e40de06e281462f213a" NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies NOTE: Preparing runqueue NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks ERROR: objcopy failed with exit code 256 (cmd was 'arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-objcopy' --only-keep-debug '/home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/build/tmp-eglibc/work/c6a816x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti81xx-psp/2.6.37-r0/package/usr/src/kernel/image/usr/src/kernel/scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig' '/home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/build/tmp-eglibc/work/c6a816x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti81xx-psp/2.6.37-r0/package/usr/src/kernel/image/usr/src/kernel/scripts/mod/.debug/mk_elfconfig'): arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-objcopy:/home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/build/tmp-eglibc/work/c6a816x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti81xx-psp/2.6.37-r0/package/usr/src/kernel/image/usr/src/kernel/scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig: File format not recognized ERROR: Function failed: split_and_strip_files ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/build/tmp-eglibc/work/c6a816x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti81xx-psp/2.6.37-r0/temp/log.do_package.25280 ERROR: Task 631 (/home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta-ti/recipes-kernel/linux/ linux-ti81xx-psp_2.6.37.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1' NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1541 tasks of which 1528 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed. Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish: Summary: 1 task failed: /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta-ti/recipes-kernel/linux/ linux-ti81xx-psp_2.6.37.bb, do_package Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code. I did some searches of this kind of error and mostly found noise but also found some references to INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP but I'm not sure if that will fix this problem or not. So far my deploy dir has a uImage but not the rootfs tar or images. I hope fixing the above will get me there. Regards, Brian
_______________________________________________ meta-ti mailing list [email protected] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti
