> First question.  I looked at my poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers 
> dir of a denzil checkout that last had c6a816x-evm support to use as kind of 
> an example/guide.  I see recipes for linux-libc-headers_3.2.bb and 
> linux-libc-headers_3.0.8.bb.  Do I need to create a recipe for 2.6.37 and set 
> the SRC_URI for a 2.6.37 commit so that my rootfs packages will be built 
> against headers that match the version of the kernel I'm using?  It looked 
> like linux-libc-headers.inc has some kind of check to decide on which headers 
> to use (3 or 2.6) but I don't quite follow how it works yet.

yes you need to add a recipe for linux-libc-headers_2.6.37….
and also make sure that your distro/machine chooses this for preferred provider 
for linux-libc-headers

> 
> Second question.  When I try to bitbake core-image-minimal after adding in my 
> kernel (a tar.bz2), it builds but the do_package phase gets errors:

> arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-objcopy:/home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/build/tmp-eglibc/work/c6a816x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti81xx-psp/2.6.37-r0/package/usr/src/kernel/image/usr/src/kernel/scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig:
>  File format not recognized

what is that file ? can you run it through file cmd and find out what arch its 
targeted for ? if its a host tool then remove it from install location

_______________________________________________
meta-ti mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti

Reply via email to