On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Khem Raj <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Second question. When I try to bitbake core-image-minimal after adding in > my kernel (a tar.bz2), it builds but the do_package phase gets errors: > > > arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-objcopy:/home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/build/tmp-eglibc/work/c6a816x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti81xx-psp/2.6.37-r0/package/usr/src/kernel/image/usr/src/kernel/scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig: > File format not recognized > > > what is that file ? can you run it through file cmd and find out what arch > its targeted for ? if its a host tool then remove it from install location > > I don't know. I think I'm suffering from this: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2012-July/010145.html ... but the commit id doesn't get me anywhere when I try to see what the fix is. Looks like when I tared up my kernel the make clean, make distclean didn't smoke all the bin files in scripts or something and my bitbake build machine is 64 bit while the machine I originally built the kernel on is 64 bit but but running 32 bit Ubuntu. I added the INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP = "1" to my .conf and that got me a bit further but then QA gave me a list of all the things it didn't like so now I'm finding where all of those show up and deleting them so hopefully that will fix it. Regards, Brian
_______________________________________________ meta-ti mailing list [email protected] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti
