>I don't know what alternate reality you people are living in but it's
>*STANDARD BEHAVIOR* for the first item in a dialog to get the keyboard
>focus and show a selection when the dialog opens on *ALL PLATFORMS*.

Personally, I'm all for "alternate" reality -- it pushes the boundaries
of "standard" reality in new directions.  Take a look at the latest MP3
players and skins you'll see some of the more interesting and exciting
directions happening in interface.  But be warned -- most of them are not
very... (dare I say the "S" word?)... STANDARD.

Granted, whether or not a cursor appears when making a window active is
fairly mundane, but the point is, we continue to rehash the same
interface elements that were conceived of decades ago.  Experimentation
just might lead to something new and interesting (or aternatively,
something Microsoft-like).

OK, enough of this alternate reality.  Back to curved text fields,
circular popup menus and translucent windows...

Scott Rossi                     Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
                                Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                Web: www.tactilemedia.com