On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Scott Rossi wrote:

> FYI, the reason I asked this question in the first place is because I'd
> like to use a combobox control to apply changes to the text in another
> field, but because the the text of the combobox automatically hilites
> it's own text, I lose the text selection in the original field.

You can't have two selections in the same window.  This is a general
UI rule.  It's pretty common to have different selections in different
windows, though, although this s not possible in MetaCard unless you
script it because it inherited "the selection" as a global concept
from HyperCard.

Use some other type of control (like a popup or pulldown menu), or
open a separate font dialog (save the selection first, then restore it
when the dialog closes).
  Regards,
    Scott

Scott Raney  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.metacard.com