On 2023-10-11 20:05, Mark Harmstone wrote:
Thanks both. There's actually about 260 functions that "ought" to be in windowsapp.lib's API sets but aren't.

CancelSynchronousIo was exposed in windowsapp in the Windows 8 SDK. But it hasn't been since then and is not allowed by the Windows App Certification Kit (WACK) either.

If it's related to the WACK, that would certainly explain matters... though I do wish they'd make that clear in the documentation.

If mincore and windowsapp linked DLL references keep being shared, windowsapp should have prevalence because it's still more or less valid, while mincore is dead.

On the contrary, it looks like partial API sets are largely a windowsapp.lib problem, if you look at all the MS umbrella libraries (most of which aren't in mingw yet).

So in this case I think CancelSynchronousIo should not be added to api-ms-win-core-io-l1-1-1. If someone really needs to link with that function, the documentation [1] says it's only available on desktop and should be linked through kernel32.lib.

The documentation isn't to be trusted. CancelSynchronousIo is in onecore.lib, which is supposed to be the common subset of all Windows 10 OSes, as well as explicitly in windowscoreheadless.lib.

If we can have onecore.lib then it's fine too.

Martin, I suggest you ignore any of my patches that you haven't pushed so far. I'll resubmit, making sure not to pollute windowsapp.

Thanks

Mark