On 24/10/23 12:24, Martin Storsjö wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2023, Martin Storsjö wrote:

Most of these show lots of cases where our files contain lots of more symbols
than the WinSDK version. It's a bit unclear where they stem from; going
forward, we really should try to be clearer with what reference we use for
updating these, since looking back at the git history, it's very unclear where
they've come from.

Ok, now I see where most of this comes from.

In WinSDK 10.0.10586.0, windowsapp and mincore had a bunch of symbols in
api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-1. In 10.0.16299.0, most of these had been moved to
api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0 - but in our updates of the def files, we've kept
both. So in practice, when linking, we might get either of these.

Currently, our windowsapp umbrella library shows 794 symbols being defined in
more than one DLL, mincore having 747 duplicated symbols.

Thanks Martin. Yes, the next tranche of patches I've got to submit is to remove
all of the duplicates. In practice ld seems to choose the symbol defined last
in the MRI file, though presumably this is undefined behaviour.

Mark