On Tue, 24 Oct 2023, Martin Storsjö wrote:

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023, Mark Harmstone wrote:

I've just resent the patches, creating a new version for windowsapp where
necessary to avoid pollution. I've sent them as a series because of
Makefile.am, but they aren't actually interdependent.

I've set up some tooling to generate and crosscheck these; patches 1-9 looked flawless, so I merged them.

Patches 10 and 11 show some differences remaining in the def files (not sure if that's addressed by later patches in the series), I guess your patches brings things closer to reducing the diff towards the WinSDK in any case.

I'll continue looking at the rest and what the diff is in those patches, but I wanted to push some part of the patchset at least, to reduce the working set.

I've reviewed up to patch 23, all the "add missing" functions, and pushed them.

Most of these show lots of cases where our files contain lots of more symbols than the WinSDK version. It's a bit unclear where they stem from; going forward, we really should try to be clearer with what reference we use for updating these, since looking back at the git history, it's very unclear where they've come from.

Also, I did most of my comparisons so far with WinSDK 10.0.22621.0, and some of the patches for adding more functions to mincore could use yet another couple functions, but let's leave that as a separate later step.

// Martin