On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 03:03:34AM -0800, Bogdan Andu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A few questions related to openbsd and vmware.
>

> What are the best practices to run OpenBSD in vmware?
>
> Are there any known problems one should take into consideration before
> virtualization?
>
> I already have a functional machine runnig OpenBSD 5.2 /amd64 on bare metal.
>
> It is possible to create a virtual machine from one already running apart
> from installing the os in vm and then migrating and installing all
> applications?
>
> Thank you in advanced,
>
> Bogdan

Try to consider oVirt[1], it is open-source, based on top
of KVM, aims to be vSphere competitor.

Issues till now:
* upstream do not provide all-in-one binary tarball,
  building from source would need to download additional
  java deps.
* spice-xpi firefox plugin is buggy on OpenBSD, you can
  get spice console via little hacks in ovirt-cli thought.

Any help would be appreciated. oVirt is upstream for RHEV-M,
so there's big support behind.

jirib