Am 05.02.2013 19:44, schrieb Mike Erdely:
The only problem I ever had with running OpenBSD with ESX/i was doing
snapshots for backups with BackupExec.  With the vmt(4), vCenter and
BackupExec *think* that VMware Tools is running and try to quiesce the
VM before backing it up.  That fails, so the backup fails.  Disabling
the vmt(4) driver in the kernel allowed vCenter/BackupExec to see
OpenBSD as a non-compatible "snapshot capable" system (even though I
could take snapshots in general) and would back it up.

Yeah, but taking snapshots of an unsopported system is like pulling the power cord...in 99.99 out of 100 trys it will work,
but do you want to rely on this fact?

I tend to do offline snapshots and run OS supported backup tools (tar et.al.)

Regards,

Matthias