Am 05.02.2013 16:44, schrieb Dan Shechter:
My product, which is a networking virtual appliance, is running on ESXi
without any problems.

I ran it as 32 bit since I also run the product on an HW appliance which do
not run 64bit.

Best regards,
Dan

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Bogdan Andu <bo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

A few questions related to openbsd and vmware.

What are the best practices to run OpenBSD in vmware?

Are there any known problems one should take into consideration before
virtualization?

I already have a functional machine runnig OpenBSD 5.2 /amd64 on bare
metal.

It is possible to create a virtual machine from one already running apart
from installing the os in vm and then migrating and installing all
applications?

Thank you in advanced,

Bogdan
I am running a bridged firewall since OpenBSD 4.something on VMware Server/ESXi without problems.

The only thing you will have to consider that snapshots while running the OS might leave you with an inconsisten filesystem because there are no vmware tools which quiesce your vm. In general, I try to take snapshots only when the vm is down, so I dont have to deal with filesystem repairs in any kind.

But so far no problems with the only downtimes when the OS has to be updated.

Regards,

Matthias