Adding to your previous thoughts, it became clear to me some years ago that
the best way to gather information on someone is to find information which
they've volunteered.

Facebook and other social networks have a space to select your religion,
sexual identity, location, school, work, and contact information. Much of
this information can be selected from existing lists. Supplying this
information hands it into the realm of Facebook "apps" with permission to
access that information, too.

But, people have given up this information. They weren't even paid or
coerced. Why so naive?

But that's just it, isn't it? People are naive. They go to public schools
where they are taught to accept what is popular and reject all else, and
that's where much of it starts. Computers must run Windows. If you want to
be different, buy a Mac. Programs must be big and graphical with plenty of
room for error. Why have it any other way?

I have also noticed that the news is saying what is and isn't common sense
now. They use this term as a backhanded directive, as if to say, "Of course
it is so, this is common sense." In fact, common sense is a little more
inquisitive than that, and common sense would actually have it that you
don't trust everything you hear.

On topic and as a response to Theo, Twitter is a vehicle of passive
aggression and ad hominem attacks among other things. I blame Twitter for
the direction much of the Internet has taken. It is quick, it is short, and
that's how people are with other people. They are quick, and they are
short. And it seems a pretty weak attempt at disparaging your character.

Thank you, and please, please keep it up.