>I guess in the absence of a seriously thought out wish list such a project
could be open ended. >The more care spent in hardware design choices I guess
the more likely we could avoid the mess >that various legacies have caused.

Here's a suggestion for a community that is base around the claim of a
'secure' OS.

Isn't an OS resident in RAM unsecure by default? The very fact that it is
physically possible for an OS to be modified merely by software it runs or
interacts with makes any claims of being 'secure' more than a little shaky.

I guess we could start with a design choice that our 'secure' OS is resident
in ROM only and cannot easily be modified by a user with a few software
commands.

0x00