Michael Erdely wrote:
On 3/12/06, Greg Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/12/06, Michael Erdely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gnome is too bloated anyway... try out icewm.  Much better.
If we're getting into religious wars here WindowMaker works great for me.

Greg

Wow!  I'm not trying to start a religious war.  Who cares what window
manager their using as long as they can conveniently get to the real
applications they want to use.

I take it back.  Trying to help people sucks.

Hey Michael,

Don't always take it to hart like that.

Helping people is actually a good way to give back and you never know who else read the list that you might have helped as well. I for one didn't know about icewm and I guess I will try it. OK, running a window display on my OpenBSD is something I like to do, but in all honesty, it's something I like to do for the last 7 years and still today, I don't run one, so it show the importance of it doesn't it! (:> I try before KDE, GNome and may be one or two more, but all to bulky if you asked me! I always end up going back to the console only and PuTTY when I need to access the servers from a Windows computer.

I guess may be what I was/am looking for is something that could be like these windows manager, but that don't need the X packages, (to many security issues brought to light by Dave), but I guess it may doesn't exists. But again, may be it does. See the level of my ignorance on that side! I have to admit, it's always been something I wanted to run, but the needs always been very small that I never spend the time to actually do the research to see what can actually be done. I figure, one day, it will cross my screen on the list and then, may be it will be time to try it.

Anyway, all that to say that you should not react like that. A few times you will be hang to the wall, sure happened to me as well, but that's not a reason not to help when you can. You never really know who else your answer will benefit. Many are silent and do read the list, always remember that!

Doesn't mean what you suggest is good or bad, I have no clue, but it does give me something to try! (:>

Regards,

Daniel