Michael Erdely wrote:
On 3/12/06, Greg Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/12/06, Michael Erdely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gnome is too bloated anyway... try out icewm.  Much better.

If we're getting into religious wars here WindowMaker works great for me.

Greg

Wow!  I'm not trying to start a religious war.  Who cares what window
manager their using as long as they can conveniently get to the real
applications they want to use.

I take it back.  Trying to help people sucks.

Suppose that I start installing GNOME cause I am used to it. I find that gnome-panel crashes so much that it is imposible to work. I switch to Window Maker. Great! it works. I expent some time to get used to it. I need a spreadsheet, I install gnumeric cause I like it, start it and fails the first time I format a cell. What should I do? switching to kspread? I think this is not good for OpenBSD reputation. The bugs I found mean that the porters just compiled the aplication, started it, but they did not check that it work properly.
I looks like a poor job, a second class OS.

Regards.

Ramiro.

--
http://erdelynet.com/