Hi,
   From the man page it appears that spamd relies on
static information about spam originators.
Why not a more dynamic scheme ?.

Why not run the content of the mail through a spam
detector (like dspam), find the spam score and make
decisions based on that. I know that spam detection
is no where near perfect but it can be used for
assigning a 'badness score' to a site(originator of
email). So a site keeps getting this score and the
average (per msg) exceeds a we black list the site for
fixed duration. Similarly for white listing.

'Badness score' and also be assigned for other things,
like trying to send to non-existant user (a typical
spammer probe), absence of mx entry etc.

A milter(sendmail/postfix) can be implemented for
this.
Thus decisions will be more dynamic and 'configuration
free'.

Does this sound reasonable ?

regards
Praveen