On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 06:04:50PM +0100, Daniel wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:48:14 +0000
> Jacob Meuser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > VoIP applications generally require full-duplex audio operation (or
> > two soundcards, but that gets icky as far as configuration goes).
> > you'll have much more luck with full-duplex audio in -current
> > (or when 4.3 is released).
> >
> > also see ports/telephony/pjsua in -current.
> >
> Could you provide some information about which drivers provide
> full-duplex audio in current?

auich(4)
eso(4)
azalia(4)
eap(4)
emu(4)
cmpci(4)
clcs(4)

and others, but these I have tested (in -current).

now, there are different ways of doing full-duplex, and some methods
work better than others.  so, even if full-duplex is possible, the
way it is implemented makes a difference.  take a look at
src/regress/sys/dev/audio_rw/audiotest_rw.c.  read the commit messages
for that and pay close attention to audio(4).

also note that with azalia(4) and the ac97(4) based devices, some codecs
may work better than others.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]