On 2007/12/02 21:22, Pau Amaro-Seoane wrote:
> Now that I know that there is pjsua in ports waiting for us (it's only
> -current), which seems to be compatible for windows and MacOSX and
> linux,

It uses SIP, so the other party can use any SIP-compliant soft phone.
sjphone is alright as a closed-sourcee GUI app for the mainstream
OS, or there are many others - it is common for open-source soft
phones to be fiddly with `uname -s` != Linux but now we have full-
duplex audio support in -current, it's mostly now a porting task
rather than kernel hacking, so more people know how to help :-)

Alternatively you can use a hardware phone (e.g. snom, cisco,
grandstream and others) or an ATA and a normal analogue phone.
Try voip-info.org to look for options.

At first it's probably easiest to learn the client software
using a public registrar like FWD, if you want to run your
own registrar software (asterisk, SER, I'm looking at porting
some others too) that will be easier once you're more
familiar with things from the client side.