Jacob Meuser wrote:
VoIP applications generally require full-duplex audio operation (or
two soundcards, but that gets icky as far as configuration goes).
you'll have much more luck with full-duplex audio in -current
(or when 4.3 is released).

also see ports/telephony/pjsua in -current.

I apologize to everyone for my first message as it seems stirred high unintended emotions. I was merely interested in the technical possibility to run the Skype on the OpenBSD box. As of this moment I do not have even a Linux emulator turned on as I have strong preference for BSD license and keeping thing as simple as possible.

According to above message I could expect technical problems with the full-duplex mode on 4.2. I was not aware of it. I am familiar with the SIP technology and have strong preference to SIP phones over Skype. As of now it seems that there are no
SIP phones either listed in packages and even ports for 4.2.

Another reason for being interested in the Skype is purely pragmatical. It seems that SIP phones and in particularly Ekiga that I am the most familiar with have poor support for Windows and OS X. As most of people that I talk to (family and friends) run those operating systems it seems to me logical that I try to accommodate them instead of asking all of them to change the operating system.