Predrag Punosevac wrote:

> I apologize to everyone for my first message as it seems stirred high
> unintended emotions. I was  merely interested in the technical
> possibility to run the Skype on the OpenBSD box. As of this moment
> I do not have even a  Linux emulator turned on as I have strong
> preference for BSD license and  keeping thing as simple as possible.

Technically, you need

- fedora_base installed,
- ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/extras/4/i386/libsigc++20-2.0.17-1.i386.rpm
(needs rpm and gcpio packages to decompress),
- http://download.skype.com/linux/skype_static-1.4.0.118-oss.tar.bz2
(FreeBSD port switched to this version since Nov).

Above works for me on -current (Skype is able to start and register) but
sound is not tested.

Thing I should mention:

- noone can restrict you in using closed software like Skype (since this is
your decision) but you've been warned about possible consequences.

Good systrace policy may help to control Skype but I'm not sure this will
work with emulated binaries. Does anybody know?

- Alexey.