* Kevin Stam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-12-09 23:41:28]:

> Exactly. Distributions need systems to prevent users from installing nasty
> unfree software. Something like...DRM. Oh wait..
>
> On Dec 9, 2007 11:27 PM, Ray Percival <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > So, what Stallman seems to be saying is that preventing users from
> > running the software they choose is more important than respecting
> > patents.
> >
> > Slavery is freedom.

Yes this is quite silly.  Stallman insists on "free" software, and
distributions are only acceptable if they shove that software down
the users throats in the stead of something else, thus restricting
the users freedom.

Besides, nobody is forcing you to install any of the ports.

Forced freedom, that's just a blatent contradiction.

Have I summised it well?  Can we let this one go now?  There's
always going to be someone respected taking shots at you.  Talking
about it gets noting accomplished.

--
Travers Buda