‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:14 PM, Edgar Pettijohn <ed...@pettijohn-web.com>
wrote:

> Make sure dovecot is running and listening at that path. Netcat should help.

Dovecot is running and I can connect to its LMTP socket file using "nc -U
/var/dovecot/lmtp" on my MX server.

> You are delivering to a Unix socket not tcp.

I should have been more precise here: my MX server is running Dovecot LMTP in
proxy mode as I have two Dovecot mailbox servers behind the MX server. These
mailbox servers are listening on LMTP's standard port 24 so that the LMTP proxy
on the MX server can connect to. On the MX server the LMTP proxy listens to a
socket file and on the mailbox servers Dovecot LMTP listens on 24/tcp.

When I mention that I ran "tcpdump" on port 24 that was on the mailbox server.
So OpenSMTPD has no problem connecting to the Dovecot LMTP proxy on the MX
server which then also further connects correctly to the right Dovecot mailbox
server LMTP port 24.

> I haven't gotten around to upgrading yet, so I can't confirm if it's broken.
> However, I doubt it since there haven't been any other reports I've seen.

I still think something is not quite right here as it works perfectly with
OpenSMTPD 6.4.0 but not with 6.5.0.