Hi Gilles,

I must have misunderstood what table-passwd is as my config is almost the same as yours except filenames and that mine specifies a different encryption scheme for the smtpd password file.

passdb {
    args = scheme=blf-crypt /etc/mail/passwd
    driver = passwd-file
}

userdb {
    args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/home/vmail/%d/%n
    driver = static
}

Apologies for the noise.

Nick