On Aug 14, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Fred B. Ellison wrote:

> Question:
>
> Isn't this a violation of 4th Amendment protection against unlawful
> searches and seizures and a violation of privacy rights?

Not if it is a publicly posted communication, The police do not need a
warrant to see what you have pinned in the cork board of your local
grocery store; Twitter and blogs are no different. You are
broadcasting them to the whole world and if you expect privacy, do not
post.

> Law enforcement should not be allowed to monitor communications
> without a warrant based on reasonable suspicion that a crime is
> being committed.

But they are allowed to read your Letter To the Editor in the
newspaper or look at your public website.

Sincerely,

Eric Vought
"Faith does not absolve us from trying to understand our world and
make moral distinctions with the eyes and brain given us. Religion is
as much responsibility as direction: Duty not Distinction."