Hi

# Mixxx 1.12 beta #

My Mixxx 1.12 beta experience on Linux is very good. I do not see any issue
that
justifies holding back the release any longer.

On the other hand Mixxx 1.12 beta still suffers 11 critical bugs. All of
them happen on windows only.
My overall test experiences running Mixxx on windows are also bad, do
others on the list share this experience?
For me those issues actually block a release.

Unfortunately there is no notable progress on these critical issues.
We need help! Is there anyone with a Windows build environment on the list
who can reproduce one of the critical bugs?

# New Soundsource API #

The master branch, including the mp3 seek and click issues and floating
point samples has reached a stable state.
As discussed before it is planed to release a 1.12.1 or whatever version,
including these
important fixes. Since this will be a bugfix release, it should not contain
new features,
or other risky changes.

We have also some pending pull request on Github, which may not fit to such
a 1.12.1 target.
So I think we should branch a 1.12.1 branch right now.
IMHO we can enter 1.12.1 beta stage after merging Uwes "SoundSource Plugin
API: Version 8" branch.
A release can be scheduled ~ two month after 1.12.0 to allow to include
add-hock fixes.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

Daniel