On 09/20/2017 10:06 AM, Thorsten Munsch wrote:
Hey guys,

at first I wanted to suggest the user to use his only his onboard interface, because since over a decade? all the chips support surround sound. There should be a hint how the user sets the onboard interface into multichannel mode via it's drivers control panel and then how to configure Mixxx to use each channel for master, cue, and so on.

Huh? Do you mean multichannel HDMI output? I've never come across an onboard sound card with more than 2 analog outputs.

But the problem are laptops I recognized while typing. They only have one line out jack and a mic in. > If it would be possible to configure the mic in as a second stereo output it would be no deal (newer onboard chips are able for i/o switching i read).

AFAIK not that many onboard sound cards support switching the behavior of jacks and if it is supported, it may not be easy to figure out how to activate it. Also, having two separate jacks on a laptop seems to be rare today. My 6 year old laptop has separate mic input and headphone output jacks, but most new laptops combine the mic input and headphone output into one jack now.