Yes, the onboard soundcard of my desktop device.
And yes, at least with ALSA they are treated just as an generic 8 channel
soundcard.

I assume that there can be crosstalk issues, but that is the same issue if
you use a splitter cable.

@Thorsten: can you verify that his for windows?

Am 21.09.2017 12:36 vorm. schrieb "Be" <b...@gmx.com>:

On 09/20/2017 05:25 PM, Daniel Schürmann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Thank you for your input. If you like, you could you add a paragraph that
> explains how to use a Surround sound card for Mixxx?
>
> With Linux + ALSA this is no deal, my onboard soundcard has  4 x 3,5 mm
> output jacks, and the Mixxx hardware preferences are listing 8 channels. So
> there is nothing special here.  How does it look in Windows?
> Is there anything special to setup?

Are you referring to the onboard sound card on a desktop computer? Yeah,
the sometimes have more jacks. Whether they can typically play independent
output channels I don't know. I suppose it's worth mentioning, but I've
never seen a laptop with more than a mic input and headphone output jack.