i could just tape the loom up where the wires are cut.  i have searched
vortex forums and it seems allot of people run without that plug sensor but
i can't find a definate on what the computer actually does.

i don't know if its because im living in a no smog small county or what,
but i have had trouble already with the places in town.  i think i will
have to venture further away.  one told me i needed to get the check engine
light fixed because he couldn't find it and luckily he wouldn't even charge
me or start the test.  i told him what the book said and it being currently
smogged.  next place told me i need to pay for smog and if it fails they
will fix it and charge me nothing on a retest.  so they won't do a pre
test?  i specifically told them what i wanted to do and how im dealing with
this piece of crap.  i am guessing the shops can do what they want?  the
places in town don't even offer free retesting.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/cc7f2f9c-2d86-4fcc-8b70-96fcb5a51a70%40googlegroups.com.