I am fine with adding an image format to MLT, but I want it to be something
very useful and comprehensive so we do not soon need yet another format.
So, with that said, why not YUV 4:4:4 instead of 4:2:2? How including alpha
such as YUVA444P16 or RGBA64?
For more efficient conversion with the popular v210 format,
https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/V210 and other sources say v210 is
little endian. So, choosing the 'LE' variant might more sense.