origin might come from the 10bit sdi word...
See my old SDI consumer...

Thomas

Von: Brian Matherly <c...@brianmatherly.com>
Datum: 11.02.17 23:24 (GMT+01:00)
An: Maksym Veremeyenko <ve...@m1stereo.tv>, mlt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Mlt-devel] [RFC] 10 bits

On 2/11/2017 9:20 AM, Maksym Veremeyenko wrote:
 > any objection against introducing *mlt_image_yuv422p10* ?

I am in full support of 422 and planar formats. Just wondering about the
bit packing.

What would be the corresponding AV format?

Would it be 16 bpp with 6 bits unused? BE or LE?

If it is going to be 16bit samples, then why not call it
mlt_image_yuv422p16 and use it for any bit depth between 9 and 16?

~Brian

________________________________

This communication, issued by Broadcasting Center Europe S.A. (BCE), is
confidential and we do not waive confidentiality by mistransmission. If you
have received it by mistake please notify the sender immediately by reply and
then delete it permanently from your system without copying it, using it for
any purposes or disclosing its contents to any other person. Thank you for your
cooperation. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of BCE. Emails are not secure
and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended,
lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by email
is taken to accept these risks.