Stephen Peters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I found one, actually.  On my RH6.0 box at home, I installed an
> apache+mod_perl SRPM that seemed to work fine.  Mod_perl was
> statically linked in, so I don't have the chaining difficulties.
> Unfortunately, I had to compile from the SRPM version, since the RPM
> was compiled for RH5.2, and was therefore looking under the wrong Perl
> version number for Perl modules.
>
> If you look on any RedHat mirror which has the contrib directory, you
> should be able to find an apache_mod-perl RPM and SRPM.

Found it...

Summary at:
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/apache_modperl-1.3.6-1.19-1
.i386.html

(S)RPMs:
ftp://rufus.w3.org/linux/contrib/libc6/SRPMS/apache_modperl-1.3.6-1.19-1.src.rp
ftp://rufus.w3.org/linux/contrib/libc6/i386/apache_modperl-1.3.6-1.19-1.i386.rp
ftp://rufus.w3.org/linux/contrib/libc6/i386/apache_modperl-devel-1.3.6-1.19-1.i
386.rpm

This looks good except for the fact that it is actually a replacement for the
apache package. I want something that will install alongside the apache package
and use the same DSO's and docs files, so that I can run multiple mod_perl and
non-mod_perl servers on the same machine.

Anyway, this package looks like a good starting point for making my own RPM.
I'll keep you all updated

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services