Hi all,

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Gerald Richter wrote:

> there are so many factors, so they are very difficult to compare.

True.  But nevertheless I think it's a very useful bit of work because
the thing that stands out is that all (server) dynamic content comes at
a high cost in processor cycles.  This won't come as a surprise to most
of you.  Be aware too that even the fastest of these benchmarks is not
an outstandingly fast setup.

The lesson is obvious: if you're looking for high throughput, think
long and hard about your system architecture, in the widest possible
sense, and keep server-generated dynamic stuff to a minimum.

Having said that, most of us won't be pushing the limits most of the
time (and if we are we're probably secretly quite pleased about it:).

73,
Ged.