On Sun, Oct 04, 1998, Niklas Saers wrote:

> > I wouldn't either - however : I would preferre using Apache instead
> > of using IIS ;-) - and the company I currently have some contract with
> > want's to throw away the running apache/freebsd server because
> > "it's to complicate" and "unix is dead" ;-).
>
> Horrible! They go on like that at my job too. However, I got them to
> accept me setting up a FreeBSD box as our firewall. :) At least they
> admitted that you couldn't use a Windows-system to handle security. :-D

But wait until Windows NT 5.0 and our managers will admit Windows boxes as
Firewalls, too. Firewall vendors like Checkpoint with their FW-1 do all to
make their customers belief Windows can be used as a serious security
platform.... It was hard to convince the company I work for to buy a Solaris
box for FW-1 and not to use Windows for the firewall, because vendor brochures
look too nice :-(