"Ralf S. Engelschall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [...]
> > dll - I build a shared-library version, i.e. at the end I get
> > ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll. What is linked into ApacheCore.dll and
> > ApacheModuleProxy.dll is the _import_ libraries of those DLLs with
> > symbol refs to the DLLs. To run apache you need the DLLs. I've also
> > built mod_ssl with the static-library version of SSLeay, without any
> > problem. The upside is you don't need those two DLLs. The downside is
> > the SSLeay code is duplicated in ApacheCore.dll and also in
> > ApacheModuleProxy.dll
>
> Wait, either you or I misunderstood the initial poster. I thought he built
> *mod_ssl* as a .DLL instead of a .LIB. That's why I wondered myself how this
> works.

I also wonder, but I can imagine it. You probably can create
mod_ssl.dll or something, which gets loaded when apache.exe starts.
I'm not sure about the purpose of this approach though.

You definitely cannot build ApacheModuleSSL.dll and use LoadModule in
config file.

>  What you mean is whether SSLeay is built as .DLL and/or .LIB. Here
> I thing a .DLL is useful, too. Hmmm... about what we're now
> speaking?

I'm talking about SSLeay statically/dynamically linked into
ApacheCore.dll and ApacheModuleProxy.dll. To quote the original poster

Michael Lechner> My first feedback: it runs (and has some crashes due to Microsofts
Michael Lechner> handling of allocations in DLLS - it worked after I linked SSL
Michael Lechner> statically)- I'll send you some suggestions later.

> >[...]
> > btw. I noticed that mod_proxy on win32 can crash Apache if the browser
> > cancel the transfer. The bug is on the Apache bug DB. I've got a quick
> > (and dirty) fix for that. Runs okay since then.
>
> I only read about a hack where an existing "Listen" directive
> should solve the problem. Is this your fix or do you have another?

It's another one, which fix the PR#2083:

Win32

When accessing a file through the mod_proxy, clicking Stop in
your browser will cause the proxy module to crash. However this does
not crash the Apache server and a new proxy module is spawned.

The bug has something to do with null pointer dereference. The diff is
attached at the end of this mail. (I don't know how to submit fixes
like this to apache.org)

Btw. I looked in the source of mod_proxy a little and I don't like the
way how the cache-related info (temp file name, file descriptor,) is
handled. I'm not surprised that there is such a bug can happen.

Anyway, it seems working now.

-trung

diff -Ncr ../apache_1.3.2/src/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
./src/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
*** ../apache_1.3.2/src/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c      Mon Aug 31 21:51:59 1998
--- ./src/modules/proxy/proxy_util.c    Wed Oct 07 19:20:44 1998
***************
*** 591,598 ****
                           (c->len * c->cache_completion < total_bytes_rcv);

                      if (! ok) {
!                         ap_pclosef(c->req->pool, c->fp->fd);
!                         c->fp = NULL;
                          unlink(c->tempfile);
                        c = NULL;
                      }
--- 591,600 ----
                           (c->len * c->cache_completion < total_bytes_rcv);

                      if (! ok) {
!                         if (c->fp != NULL) { /* <= trung */
!                             ap_pclosef(c->req->pool, c->fp->fd);
!                             c->fp = NULL;
                          unlink(c->tempfile);
                        c = NULL;
                      }