On Wed, Oct 07, 1998, Trung Tran-Duc wrote:

> > >[...]
> > > That was my approach too - however you should change your
> > > installation instructions:
> > >                            ^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > What's wrong here? These are the arguments Trung used.
> > You mean we can allow assembler stuff, right? Yes, why not.
> > But I'll ask Trung why he used "no-asm" initially...
>
> no-asm - I don't have MASM (the MS Assembler) on my machine (Some code
> in SSLeay has an assembler version for speed reason) If you have MASM
> you can leave the switch out.

Ok, I've added a note to the INSTALL.W32 file for 2.1b6 that people
can leave it out when they have MASM installed.

> dll - I build a shared-library version, i.e. at the end I get
> ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll. What is linked into ApacheCore.dll and
> ApacheModuleProxy.dll is the _import_ libraries of those DLLs with
> symbol refs to the DLLs. To run apache you need the DLLs. I've also
> built mod_ssl with the static-library version of SSLeay, without any
> problem. The upside is you don't need those two DLLs. The downside is
> the SSLeay code is duplicated in ApacheCore.dll and also in
> ApacheModuleProxy.dll

Wait, either you or I misunderstood the initial poster. I thought he built
*mod_ssl* as a .DLL instead of a .LIB. That's why I wondered myself how this
works. What you mean is whether SSLeay is built as .DLL and/or .LIB. Here I
thing a .DLL is useful, too. Hmmm... about what we're now speaking?

>[...]
> btw. I noticed that mod_proxy on win32 can crash Apache if the browser
> cancel the transfer. The bug is on the Apache bug DB. I've got a quick
> (and dirty) fix for that. Runs okay since then.

I only read about a hack where an existing "Listen" directive
should solve the problem. Is this your fix or do you have another?