Tim Bunce wrote:
On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:26:22PM +0200, David Landgren wrote:
Jeff Lavallee wrote:
of the SOAP::Lite details.  Currently, I'm planning on calling it
Yahoo::Marketing.  Yahoo::Marketing.pm itself would just serve as a
place holder (with POD) for the time being, with all the meat under that
namespace (for example, Yahoo::Marketing::AccountService,
Yahoo::Marketing::Account, etc).  The POD-in-progress for
Yahoo::Marketing is below.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions about the intended namespace would be
greatly appreciated.
There is already at least one module in WWW::Yahoo::*. I would suggest slotting your modules in at that level as well.

The WWW:: space is overcrowded and confused.

The WebService:: namespace was created for modules interfacing with web
sercices.
So WebService::Yahoo::* seems like the best home.

I don't think that WebService::Yahoo::* is any clearer than Yahoo::*, so my personal preference would be to avoid that if it's new. If there is already a convention for where to find Yahoo interfaces, I would follow that, even if that's sub-optimal.

With most of CPAN being accessed by search rather than by category, as long as "Yahoo" is in the module name, it'll be easy enough to find.

Regards,
David Golden