Sorry, not had a chance to get back on this one until now.

I have just tested my test on on Chrome version 3.0.195.38 (latest
version) and it all appears to work correctly.
No error messages and mouseover/enter looks to be working as expected.

> On another tack, I noticed there were Noobslide users who struggled with the
> addition of slides beyond the eight in the demo.  Has anyone found a way to
> increase that without a lot of work?

I have just added a few more images (copies of the others to be honest
so as to not upload more images) with no problems
http://www.cbolson.com/sandbox/mootools/noobslide/demo-6.html
All I did was add more thumbs, images and items to the array.
What sort of problems are the other Noobslide users you mention
experiencing?

Chris