I should point out that I am using Chrome on XP via Parallels (ie on a
Mac)
I have also just installed Chrome version 4.0.249.30 on the Mac to
test it there and again it works correctly with no bugs.
Finally, just to prove (to myself) that it wasn't just my computer
being "nice" to me, I booted up a remote server via browsercam.com to
test it and again, I am afraid to say, I got no errors.

Chris