I notice, Chris, that your sample page is still posted, and thanks for that.
I've been using it and probably others are too.

So is there a specific workaround for the script that allows it to function
normally under Chrome?  I notice that your Noobslide sample works fine on
Chrome, but my own test page does not.  Which suggests that you've made
changes to your javascript that I'd like to incorporate to ensure that I'm
good to go on Chrome as well as FF/IE et al.

Your help, both Chris and Sandy, is much appreciated.