Bruce
You are not correct here.  The fakes were held out as  originals. This is
the criminal aspect of the situation.  I recall when the  Mummy one sheet was
sold with a huge amount of restoration.  The suction  house showed before
and after pictures of the one sheet.  The buyer knew  what he was getting.
If the seller (who made the fakes) stated that a  certain percentage was
recreated then the price would be seriously  reduced.  A poster with 1/100th of
the original would command a  reproduction price and not the price of an
original.  Making a reproduction  of an expensive poster and holding it out as
original is criminal and far  different from your example.  Holding a
poster out as original when it is a  reproduction (even if 1% is real) is not
over grading.

There is no standard for grading in this hobby but there is one  thing that
does exist.  Calling a reproduction an original poster is a  crime in
anyone's book.
Claude

In a message dated 8/30/2009 5:12:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,