*From:* MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] *On Behalf Of *James Richard
*Sent:* Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:40 PM
*To:* MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
*Subject:* Re: [MOPO] FRANKENSTEIN 1/2 sheet vs TC from Heritage

I might be so audacious and impertinent as to suggest that a responsible and highly-regarded auction house catering to the very well-to-do and regularly selling tens of millions of dollars of high-priced collectibles every year would have taken it upon themselves to include a high resolution picture of the title card along with the half sheet auction so that the bidders could have made the comparison themselves at the time of the sale.

But I guess I'm just being naive... despite the cries of shock and horror over the last few days, "let the buyer beware" is still the Golden Rule in our society.

-- JR

Douglas Ball wrote:

Side by side, yes, but when the auction took place it looked damn good!

Doug