Hi Bruce,

First, it's another great testimonial to the service you provide, prior to
anyone bidding or buying (supersize enlargements), although to be fair,
your buyer who wrote you either has never bought from or visited the
Heritage, Cinemasterpieces sites (and now MPE), to name but 3, that offer
the enlarged images on their sites.

That being said, I wonder how much of a response you will get, at least
publicly, with regard to the question you posed about boosted colors being
a good marketing tool or a deceptive practice.

I presented this question on APF when images of the Heritage Berwick
posters began to appear on the HA site, once they had been washed, cleaned
and linen backed. It was (and is) very apparent that HA boosted the color
on many of those posters (to the point where some had the "look" of
oversaturated reprints).

In my comments and question, I repeatedly made mention of taking into
account differences in cameras used, lighting setups (or lack thereof) etc.
Some agreed and also made their own independent comments about this very
subject. Yet there were a handful, saying that NO boosting had been done,
how dare anyone accuse HA of doing such a thing and that kind of talk. No
one was suggesting that HA had committed any crime or murdered a newborn,
for goodness' sake, but that their photo dept had simply boosted and
saturated the poster images...lol

To this day (and that post was a week and a half ago), there has been no
response from HA directly about this color boosting question.

Because you asked for thoughts on this practice, I think that all poster
images should be presented as they actually look, battle scars and all
(unless restored and described as such). To present images of posters that
practically radiate off the page is deceptive, in the sense that they are
not a true representation, especially on high end items like the Berwick
Find. Not everyone can travel to Dallas to look at posters that HA auctions
(Berwick or others for that matter), so presenting an accurate image is
vital.

-Kerry