Hello! I’m also another Jeanne Dielman aficionado –I honestly found the
movie to be a rather profound work of art. It’s definitely not the type of
thing I would watch for a fun movie night, but much like Antonioni’s The
Eclipse, Hogg’s Archipelago, and Hamaguchi’s Drive My Car, it’s a movie
that for whatever reason continues to resonate with me. I also think I saw
it at the right time in my life. If I watched it when I first started
getting into  “old” movies as a pre-teen, I would have run away screaming!

But going back to the topic – the most grueling movie experience – as
others have mentioned, it was a viewing of The Return of the King! Granted,
I am not into any Tolkien stuff at all, so I am not the target audience for
the movie,  but it was showing at the historic theater where I live, so my
husband and I decided to see it. I could not stand it! My husband fell
asleep, and about half way through the ordeal, I decided to chill in the
lobby with the theater owner’s exceptionally friendly dog! All things
considered, it was a nice evening out.

Heidi