Hello everyone

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:50 PM, MarshaV <val...@att.net> wrote:

> "To the extent that one's behavior is
> controlled by static patterns of quality it is without choice. But to the
> extent
> that one follows Dynamic Quality, which is undefinable, one's behavior is
> free."
>     (LILA, Chapter 12)
>

> Here's a way to look at it:  'To the extent that one's behavior is controlled
> by the freewill (a static pattern of value) it is without choice.  But to the
> extent that one follows Dynamic Quality, which is undefinable, one's behavior
> is free.'

Dan:

I am not sure what you're getting at. Is this a typo, perhaps? Yes,
free will is a static pattern of value. But so is everything. Every
"thing" that is, except Dynamic Quality. Static patterns of quality
determine our lives. Dynamic Quality makes our lives better.

>Marsha:
> But there is also this:
>
> "In a subject-object classification of the world, Quality is in the same
> situation as that platypus. Because they can't classify it the experts have
> claimed there is something wrong with it.  And Quality isn't the only such
> platypus. Subject-object metaphysics is characterized by herds of huge,
> dominating, monster platypi. The problems of free will versus determinism, of
> the relation of mind to matter, of the discontinuity of matter at the
> sub-atomic level, of the apparent purposelessness of the universe and the
> life within it are all monster platypi created by the subject-object
> metaphysics..."
>      (LILA, Chapter 8)

Dan:

Yes, there is that. But what exactly are you getting at? I don't see
any commentary.

Thank you,

Dan