Dave,

I've offered quotes on Buddhism from the MoQ Textbook.  Maybe you think
Anthony is confused and nihilistic?  In the MoQ Texbook Anthony writes that
the fundamental nature of the static is the Dynamic:  "Moreover, Nagarjuna
(1966, p.251) shares Pirsig’s perception that the indeterminate (or Dynamic)
is the fundamental nature of the conditioned (or static).  It is the
Prajnaparamita
Heart Sutra that states: "form is emptiness; emptiness is form" or as I
consider
it: sq is DQ, DQ is sq.

Western Philosophy can be every bit as convoluted and nihilistic as Eastern
Philosophy. I've read that if you read Kant as he wrote it in German, you'd
find
many contradictions. Consider 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'.   And what did
Wittgenstein write:  "My propositions are elucidatory in this way: he who
understands me finally recognizes them as senseless, when he has climbed
out through them, on them, over them. (He must so to speak throw away the
ladder, after he has climbed up on it.)"

So please do not make any apology for Buddhism, Exploring the MoQ together
with Buddhism is very valid.

Marsha

___